Get The Most From Your Advertising Spend
One of the most confusing things when it comes to marketing your dental practice is "how should I prioritise my advertising spend?"
There are quite literally dozens of ways to spend you money on marketing. Most forms of advertising will yield results, but try to think about what what will produce the best return on investment for you hard earned cash.
I have listed below some of the more popular ways to allocate your advertising spend. You will need to choose which media you go for.
Common Advertising Media
- On the side of public transport
- Press advertising
- Direct mail
- Leaflet drops
- Google Adwords
- Facebook advertising
- Social media presence
- In practice marketing
I've no doubt I've missed something and am sure you can all think of something else, but these are the most popular forms of advertising media.
From the list above most dental practices simply can't afford TV advertising so let's dispense with that one straight away, which leaves eleven other ways to place your advertising spend.
Here is my recommendation for your advertising spend
- Email advertising, If you have a list of email addresses, this is without doubt the most effective way to get your message across. Firstly it's almost free, it consistently delivers the best value for your advertising spend. Email is a brilliant way to increase spend from your existing patients. If you're not collecting email addresses start now.
- Google Advertising can't be bettered as a means of growing your patient numbers. This is because only people who enter your key words see your ads. You only pay for the ad when they click on it and come to your website. It is without doubt the most cost effective advertising spend for new patients you can deploy.
- Direct Mail will get you a far higher open rate than email however there is a cost, whilst email is effectively free, direct mail will cost you printing, paper/card and postage, but it is still highly effective because where email may only get you a 20% open rate, direct mail will get you a 90% open rate.
- Facebook advertising has become one of the best places to put your advertising spend. By using Facebook you'll receive highly targeted advertising, which can be very effective. You can specify geographic area, age, gender, hobbies, relationship status etc. etc. It is also incredibly cheap too, sometimes as low as a couple of pence per click.
- In practice marketing will not generate many new patients but it can be an incredibly effective advertising spend. Many of your patients will not know about the different types of cosmetic treatments you offer, simply putting a video on the TV in your waiting room can increase sales by ten fold.
- Leaflet drops can be very effective, a leaflet drop can cost as little as £60.00 per 1000 items, giving you a a very cost effective way of getting your message across.
- Social Media presence seldom directly creates new patients but it engages with your existing patients. It can be one of the best ways to get referrals.
- Radio can be very effective, but the cost can be extortionate and is normally just too expensive for a dental practice to think about for your advertising spend.
- Press advertising still has it's place but if you are really scrutinising your advertising spend I would stay clear of this media.
- Cinema advertising can be effective, but also can be very expensive.
- Public Transport again if you are really scrutinising your advertising spend. My advice would be to go with the top items on this list rather than this.
I strongly recommend you follow the list to maximise your advertising spend.
If you would like to know more about how I can help you get the most from your advertising spend. Call me on 01767 626 398 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit my website at www.dentalmarketingexpert.co.uk or go to our Facebook or Twitter pages.